Old 18-09-2003, 10:15 PM
K30a

Default First time ponder, any thoughts for this design?

Hello Josh!
Is that a patio down at the bottom of the yard?
If it is..... make the stream longer or start it further 'forward' so the pond
is next to the sitting area - you'll have a lot of enjoyment of the pond if you
can sit next to it and watch the fish and critters.
Go as big as you can afford because I think you'll find that folks around here,
when asked what they would change, is that they wished they made it bigger! ;-)
Also the bigger the pond the more forgiving it is when we mess up.
Smart to be putting in a bottom drain and skimmer you get extra points for
that.

You've got a lot of greenery in your yard so plan, when you build, for an easy
way to net the pond in the fall. You might sink some pvc in the ground to set
poles in to attach your netting to.

Others will chime in.
Welcome to rec.ponds!

k30a