Old 18-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Ray

Default The Orchid Bug

You're making the basic beginner's mistake, buying plants with widely
differing needs.

I'd recommend throwing on the brakes temporarily, so you can really learn
what will thrive in the conditions you can easily provide, and THEN buy
plants that fit those conditions.

For example, assuming the lady's slipper is a cypripedium, are you prepared
to refrigerate it for the winter?

"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
Well the orchid bug has bitten. I've gone from just wanting "an orchid"

5 in about 2 weeks Waiting for my Stanhopea oculata, a Restrepia
antennifera, and a Pink Lady Slipper (I suspect it's the one that's native
to the southeast US) to arrive in the mail. Actually it may be 7 orchids
since I think the dend in the large pot is actually 3 plants.

So, should I re-pot the three that are in one pot or leave them alone?

Shell