Old 18-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Erik Aronesty

Default Working on a sustainable future

True, increasing health without fostering women's liberation,
education and freedom does not help the problem.

health? where did that come from?

Common sense. I didn't see where you got "wealth" from. Balanced
population is about equality, freedom, consensus, and participation -
not "wealth".

As countries get wealthier, so the women become more important.

Not if the country gets "wealthier" via income disparity. WE need a
new definition of the "wealth" of a country. Perhaps the average
income of the bottom 10%? IE: If the top 1% continue to get wealthy,
and the rest remain the same, then you don't necessarily get a
corresponding boost in women's rights.

Although money can be seen as a "vote", wealth is a red herring.
Freedom is about improving the technology of consensus, not increasing
wealth. Overpopulation is a result of restrictions in freedom and
resources.

Of course, the problem is that our existing systems of consensus favor
extremist and authoritatian views.

Special interests who prosper in the existing plurality system will
not advocate one that arrives at broader consensus. And the broad
population have not forcibly advocated one that arrives at broader
consensus, since they don't have extreme views.

http://www.approvalvoting.org/

Another way of putting is: statisticians, thus far, are lousy
activists.