Old 19-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Diane Mancino

Default The Orchid Bug

We might need to tie your hands, but try to let the new residents get used
to the new environment- I'm not happy till I check the potting media out,
but getting wiser and keeping with the same size pot, unless told not to.
Today I got a shipment of 2 ebay winnings, IE I wasn't going to be outbid by
the time i talked myself into needing 2 more orchids- 1 was bare rooted and
the other- a dend, I actually didn't mess with- just set it into a matching
pot to keep it from tipping.

"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
Well the orchid bug has bitten. I've gone from just wanting "an orchid"

5 in about 2 weeks Waiting for my Stanhopea oculata, a Restrepia
antennifera, and a Pink Lady Slipper (I suspect it's the one that's native
to the southeast US) to arrive in the mail. Actually it may be 7 orchids
since I think the dend in the large pot is actually 3 plants.

So, should I re-pot the three that are in one pot or leave them alone?

Shell