Old 19-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Michael Gerzog

Default Does anyone not like The Orchid Thief?

"Sarah Huff" wrote in message ...
Hi all! Is there anyone out there who, like me, did not like Susan
Orleans' book The Orchid Thief? I disliked it so much that I didn't
bother finishing it. I thought Eric Hansen's book Orchid Fever was much
better.

Just curious.

Sarah

--

I think it's unfortunate the books are compared so frequently. Apart
from the fact that I agree with you, they're just completely different

I did manage to finish Orlean's book, but then I'll read the side of a
toothpaste tube from top to bottom if I'm bored.lol I thought it
was OK as beach/subway/bus reading, but there's basically no substance
at all, and IMHO the quality of the writing itself was mediocre. I
wouldn't have paid anywhere near full list price for it, but I did
basically like Hansen's book.

Michael