Old 19-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Diane Mancino

Default Does anyone not like The Orchid Thief?

I did happen to buy a book yesterday- i know we have animal lovers here. "
the man who talked to dogs" I hope its good- at least the proceeds are going
to a shelter, so even if it wasn't that good it was reason to spend my $ on
it. Orchid Thief- glad it was free reading from the library.

"Sarah Huff" wrote in message
Hi there! I wasn't impressed by the quality of the writing, either. But

teach other lawyers how to write, so I have pretty high standards. :-)

Sarah

"tennis maynard" wrote in message

Sarah Huff wrote:

Hi all! Is there anyone out there who, like me, did not like Susan
Orleans' book The Orchid Thief? I disliked it so much that I didn't
bother finishing it. I thought Eric Hansen's book Orchid Fever was

much
better.

Just curious.

Sarah

I'm a reader and have read literally thousands of books. In all that
time, I had put down three I couldn't finish. This one was SO boring and
poorly written it became #3 about half way through.