Old 19-09-2003, 02:12 PM
pelirojaroja

Default Is my tree dying?

Don't fertilize a stressed plant. Some foliage loss is common with a
transplant. Keep watering it, though -- you need to really soak it. Hope
it recovers!

--
-- pelirojaroja

Please ignore anti-spam address. Email pelirojaroja @ yahoo-dot-com

"Toonartist" wrote in message
news
Sorry for the confusion.

As I said, it's a redbud (I believe its botanical name is ceris canadensis
... but I don't know any more info than that) and I live in coastal NH,
USA.

Thanks.

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
. ..
Two questions you should answer first a

1. Exactly what type of tree is it?

2. Exactly where are you located on the planet? BTW, giving the zone

isn't
good enough.

Toonartist wrote in message
Hi,

I transplanted a small (5 feet high) redbud the other day (4 days ago)

and
have been watering it well.

There was some trouble extracting it from its former location (the

dirt
around the rootball starting coming apart) and I now believe I damaged

the
roots.

The leaves on the end of the branches are shriveling and some have

dried
up
completely.

Is this normal?

To me it's an indication that the tree is not taking up water.

Either way I guess I'll just have to wait until next spring and see if

it's
alive but just wondering if there is anything that can be done now

that
could help it.

Should I try fertilizing it?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Btw, I live in Zone 5b.

-Kevin