Old 19-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Bob H

Default First time ponder, any thoughts for this design?

Looks like a valid plan, I would echo what others have said, I am concerned
your pump *might* bit a bit small for your waterway, it also sounds like you
have bought the pump....actually this may be a good way to go, use the pump
you have, see what it looks like, if it is not enough flow, buy another,
bypass the filter with it so it just pumps into the head of the waterfall,
put it on a timer so it runs when you are there to see it and shuts off when
your not, you save power & the other pump is still providing
filtration/aeration. strongly consider a u.v. light in addition to the
filter, algae (green water) can be a problem. The other thing I would
suggest is to run plenty of GFCI power as near to where your pump is going
to be as allowed by code (get permits!) cause I have already used up 3 of
your available plugs with my suggestions :-). Since $$$$ is an issue you
may be able to do these things in phases, power, u.v & 2nd pump if needed.
Good luck & don't work too hard digging a hole in the Georgia clay.

"Josh" wrote in message
om...
Hello, I am planning to buld my first pond.

9'x14' and 2' deep with a 15 foot waterfall/stream running down to it.
You can get a pretty good idea for my design so far from here

http://www.woosworld.net/pond/

I am planning to put my bottom drain to my skimmer (homemade) and
gravity feed the water from the bottom drain to the skimmer and from
there to the pump, where it will be pumped up the hill to the top of
the waterfall..

Any thoughts?

I may need more filters someday, and I am also concerned that my pump
may not put enough water over the falls to make it look quite right -
it's a Supreme 3600 rated for a bit over 2200GPH at the head height I
am going to need from it.

Thanks

Josh