Old 19-09-2003, 03:42 PM
neil.faulkner4

Default Crab apple - no new branches

Have you tried feeding it? It may be concentrating on new root growth to
find nutrients. Work some organic matter (compost, manure etc.) into the
soil about the base. Then soak it in. This may help.
Neil

"Snowman" wrote in message
I planted a crab apple a couple of years ago, but although it has plenty

of
leaves and loads of crab apples, it hasn't as yet grown any new branches.
It's about 5ft high and has a few short branches that were there when it

was
planted. It looks quite healthy.

Am I just being impatient or should I be doing something different? Should
it be pruned - although there's not much to prune? Should I remove all the
crab apples - or is it too late this year. Any ideas?

Peter.