Old 19-09-2003, 04:18 PM
David Rance

Default Grape vine recommendations

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Pam Moore wrote:

But you must remember that this is an exceptional year for grapes.

So why didn't my well established vine flower at all this year? I cut
it back in winter as I always do.

Search me! Did it get caught by the frost. If that happens it will grow
out again but there won't be any flower trusses.

THINKS.... Can one move a vine which has been in the ground 10 - 12
years.

Probably not. The roots grow extensively and very quickly. Thus you
would never be able to lift a vine of that age without decimating the
root system.

Having said that, you can always try - if the alternative is getting rid
of it altogether.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |