Old 19-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Grandpa

Default OT e-mail messages since yesterday

I've had just over 300 so far as someone is flooding the
rec.coin.collecting newsgroup with the same stuff.

Madgardener wrote:
Since yesterday I have received a total of 215 e-mail message that says it's
"Microsoft Security patch", or Network security patch, or Administrator mail
notice security update, mail security, postmaster security notice........ALL
of these have bogged up and bogged down my computer, last nights 45 messages
indicated it was going to take THREE HOURS to download. I left Outlook open
in the send/receive mode and this morning when I got up, those first 45
messages were ALL that message with that message. I deleted them all. When
I hit the send/receive button again was when I got another indication there
were 141 MORE messages and this time it said it would take TEN HOURS to
download them all. Squire went to Bellsouth's webpage and to my e-mail
account and viewed all the messages after we closed Outlooks window and all
141 (with exception to three) were the messages I've mentioned above. We
deleted them all. These are insidious worm viruses that boogers up your
computer. You've been warned. Please don't flame me for telling you
something you might already know about, I'm just trying to be nice and let
those that might not know about it. Off to werk...........
madgardener