Old 19-09-2003, 05:22 PM
EliezerE

Default Lotus in Chicago

Thanks to all those here that encouraged me to not give up on my Lotus. After
months of no sign of life, it only began to put up aerials in the beginning of
August, and I just had my first blossom today, September 19th. We're expecting
48 degrees tonight, and I thought I would just have a never-opening tantalizer
of a hugh bud, but this morning it was gloriously open. What an exotic
specimen! It is a Mrs. PDS and it is in a stock tank. I hope I can keep it
from freezing this winter-- the tub it's in weighs around 500 pounds, so it's
staying put. Unless someone can suggest a way to remove the roots and keep
them alive over the winter.
Gene