Old 19-09-2003, 05:32 PM
anne

Default new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pond pre-filter

Ron Clark wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:57:06 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

. Find it at
http://www.collinswebb.plus.com/otherstuff/

Constructive comments gratefully received.

This group is not a commercial billboard.

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is

not
selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

It's spam. It does advertise and recommend at least 2 commercially
available products

OK it's not blatant serious spam. and could be in innocence
but if he wants to make a 2 line reference to his web site. he should
stick it in his sig.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

All this fuss makes me just want to go and look and I'm not even interested
in pond filters.. hmmm.

I agree with Victoria re the text (I did go and look). I think it would be
easier to read in ariel font for a start and definitely broken up into
sections. There is actually quite a lot of advice on the web about how to
present your text for web pages. Apparently people tend to scan pages more
when reading online and huge reams of text, puts them off.