Old 19-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Ron Clark

Default new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pond pre-filter

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:22:01 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Ron Clark wrote in
:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:57:06 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

So far as I can see, this page is a DIY guide by an enthusiast. It is
not selling anything. Have you actually looked at it?

Yes, it's low-grade spam and contains recommendations
for commercial products, with reference to stockists, ordering
information and price lists.

I disagree with you.

You've now posted 5 times about this. You quoted the URL. If you really
think this is spam, that is not the way to deal with it.

It contains recommendations to numerous stockists, product lists and
price lists.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Really, this business is beneath my notice, but since you persist in
championing a misguided youth, I will attempt to enlighten you.

It is an abuse of the terms and conditions of usenet usage to
recommend products, to promote links to dozens and dozens of
commercial retailers, to provide links to product lists and to price
lists.

What part of 'unsolicited advertising' are you failing to understand?
Google for 'UCE' for further enlightenment.

I don't regard this as serious spamming, just an aberration of
judgement by a possibly well-meaning poster. I am not about to shop
him to the relevant abuse facility, altho' I suspect he is in breach
of his 'terms and conditions',
I just want the prat ^H poster ^H original poster to take the
advertising out of his, arguably quite useful website and remove what
may be quite unintentional commercial promotions. He has the benefit
of the doubt in this, (atm)

--
®óñ© © ²°°³