Old 19-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Blarneytoad

Default What to buy

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:06:49 +0800, "news.so-net.com.hk"
vincent0@signentdotcomdotsg wrote:

I would suggest light priority, then Co2, you can always DIY CO2.

I first get a 2 x 30w FL tube and convert it to a 4 x 36w PL with eBallast.

After sometime, 1 bought a 3L CO2 pressurized tank with solenoid and CO2
reactor.

After that, I changed a new tank (coz the old tank is pretty old) as well as
acquiring a new set of 2x30 w FL light (comes with the tank)

In between, I fixed up AC fans and thermoters and bought test kits.....

Well, who says planted tank is not a expensive hobby....

Cheers

I would have to disagree. Adding more lights without a CO2 system is
just asking for trouble.It will cause ph swings and algae blooms. A CO
2 system can help stabilize the ph and will increase plant growth with
just the existing light he already has.