Old 19-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Composting Office Paper

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:43:48 GMT, "Warren"
wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

Wow that was a lot of information and I really appreciate your
time. So you are saying that, independent of the ink, it is just
not a good idea to be using either laser or injet rejects in the
compost because of the bleach residue?

Neither concerns *me*. But it seems to me that people who get
worried about these kinds of insignificant things are missing
something even bigger in their quest to micromanage what goes into
their pile. Like I said, the printing on a typical piece of paper is
only on about 5% of it's surface area, yet discussion always seems
to focus on that, and never gets around to discussing what's in the
paper itself.

My community picks up recyclables, including office paper. If yours
does too, that might be a better of dealing with the paper.

Mine does not recycle office paper.