Old 19-09-2003, 09:05 PM
ned

Default Power saws and cuttoing back Leyllandi

alan kearn wrote:

snip

Ned
i trim the hedge with the hedge cutters twice a year but it still
increases in height a few inches a year, so every few years i cut

back
on this extra growth, this keeps it within easy reach for my twice
yearly trim.

Alan
Ah, that sounds better. :-)
'Must say that I am quite proud of my hedge top.
'Might not be able to play snooker on it, but it is flat and very
compact.
I always try to trim down to last year's cut and clear off all the
clippings as I go. I hope my neighbour appreciates it. He can see the
result from his upstairs windows. I can't. Although I have been
tempted to step back off my platform to admire my work. ;-)
I did allow a 'professional' to trim the hedge one year and was so
apalled at his standards that I wouldn't let another near it again.

--
ned