Old 20-09-2003, 12:48 AM
MattR

Default OT more viruses

You're right, but my machine can't get infected so I'm at least not
contributing to the mess.

I looked in my spam filter and I only had 1 with a microsoft subject.
But I had 10 "virus" messages. The problem with being able to control
someone's machine by sending them email has been around for a very long
time on windows and MS still can't seem to figure out how to control it.
So, the next time Bill Gates says "we're giving the customers what they
want" send him your junk email. The virus writers are just taking
advantage of a bad design.

Anyway, best of luck. My mail is working again.

Sam Hopkins wrote:
It's not that you email yourself it's that someone gets infected and starts
emailing everyone and their mother. Hope that you're not on someones email
list.

Sam

"MattR" wrote in message

Nedra wrote:

My email (OE) is clogged with 200+ not as yet downloaded.
I did open one of the SOBs -
got a notice from Norton that they stopped it or something.....
Can't access my email ... I am so angry with myself. computer
is soo slow.

Nedra

I haven't gotten any mail all day. Now I think I know why. Anyway, I
also use linux and this is one case where having a minority os is a good
deal

Matt