Old 20-09-2003, 04:17 AM
Dwayne

Default planting rasberries this late

You might try what I did with blackberries. I planted them in a row 4 or 5
feet apart, ran a piece of PVC along the row with holes drilled in the right
spots to water each plant. Then I rode the mower up and down 10 feet along
both sides of the row to keep the invasive roots from sending up plants
where I didn't want them.

Planting now will give the roots all winter to get extablished before
spring. Go for it.

Dwayne

"Monique Reed" wrote in message
simy1 wrote:

you will be fine. They will spread, so make sure you plant them in the

right place.

I must be cracked. When I read this, I thought, "And the right place
would be right next to the shortcake bush, so dessert will be easy to
make next summer."

TGIF!
Monique in College Station