Old 20-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Jan

Default Sorry to bring this up again...

Hello friends,
I know this has been dealt with before, but may I please have some
advice about overwintering geraniums. I printed a response last year
that said it wasn't necessary to dry them in paper bags...just leave
them in their little pots, keep them in a cool place, and water after
January. Unfortunately I didn't print the directions for storing them in
paper bags. How is that done? Last October I rescued some geraniums
that were going to be thrown out and put them in little pots.
Unfortunaly I did not water them until April and most of them died. I
don't have a good place to store them; my basement does not have a cold
storage area and my garage can go below freezing in sourthern Ontario in
the winter. I am thinking to try putting them in little pots again,
letting the foliage dry off, and then be sure to water them around
January. Is there a better way? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jan