Old 20-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Gary Woods

Default [IBC] Update on my Serissa(s)

(Dimitrios Kalderis) wrote:

I used 3-4 inch softwood cuttings which I placed in
very small glasses with water. It took them about 3
weeks to develop roots.

I had a 25% "strike" rate just sticking a bunch of prunings in the garden;
the results would doubtless have been better if I'd remembered to water
during a dry spell but hey, I'm letting Darwin pick the strongest ones!
I've got a dozen healthy young plants, some with flowers, that I'll need to
pot up and take indoors soon.
Success rate indoors with better watering is close to 100% Not letting a
larger tree dry out, thereby killing it, is another matter. As a friend
who knows about these things said "A dry Serissa is a dead Serissa."
We'll see over winter... gonna retrofit a shop light with solid-state
ballast and high-efficiency tubes.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods