Old 20-09-2003, 06:23 AM
dkat

Default I have a questioon about creating a pseudo-bog.

Do a web search on "wetlands sewage treatment gray water". How much room do
you have? The way I have seen natural sewage treatment work is that you run
the dirtiest water into the hardiest plants and that water filters through
them to the next level.

http://www.davidtrump.com/reedbed_in...tion_page.html
http://www.idepfoundation.org/default_site/wwg2.htm
http://www.holon.se/folke/written/st....shtml#Outline

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
"Marc" wrote in message

thlink.net...
These a low spot on the side of my house that gets a lot of standing

water
during the spring or whenever we get allot of rain but also alto of sun.
But during the rest of the year it stays pretty dry . I have a sump

pump
that discharges close to there and the waste water from my washing

machine
can be piped there to keep a more continuous moisture level. The sump
discharge is not a problem - I know - but the soap and bleach could at

time
be a problem. Should I let these discharge above the bog and then let
nature take it course? For know I'm going with Louisiana Iris and

ginger
lilies maybe some cardinal flowers and go from there any suggestions?

Zone 7

Marc

Greywater needs to be widely distributed to minimize damage, I believe
it would be a poor choice for the bog.