Old 20-09-2003, 10:03 AM
jane

Default Google toolbar

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:50:42 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

~In message , David Moore
writes
~"Keith Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
~ In message , Aphodius
~ writes
~
~ and use Google instead.
~
~ We've tried this and it looks useful. Have you found a way to make it
~ search the web UK only?
~
~
~On the Google toolbar you should see the Google name/logo with a small black
~triangle to the right of it. Click on this and a drop down menu appears. Go
~to "Options" and choose google.co.uk from the drop down menu.
~
~Despite having done this Google still searches world-wide though it does
~present an option at the top of the results to repeat the search with
~pages from the UK.
~

I always add site:.uk to my searches on straight google.com and it
only gives you .uk sites. Course, if they are a uk website but using a
..com domain then they don't turn up. But it does work with the rest.

--
jane

Mark Twain