Old 20-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Stephen Howard

Default new website: DIY homebuild mechanical external pond pre-filter

On 19 Sep 2003 02:36:22 -0700, (J C-W)
wrote:

Ron Clark wrote in message . ..
SNIP
I think you'll find that it's technically known as SPAM and
unacceptable on usenet

Ron,
I'm sorry you've been offended, but I think *you* will find this
message was *not* SPAM - I am offering plans on the web to *help*
garden pond owners, I'm not trying to sell anything, it was a single
message, and it was not off-topic, so therefore, it cannot be classed
as SPAM (check the definition at
http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml if you need to).
Please be more careful when flaming, and don't forget that there is a
real person on the other end of a message (mostly). If you are not
interested in garden ponds or pond-keeping, don't read the message,
it's as simple as that, but my message certainly did not warrant your
flame.

Jason... ignore the pedantic moron - pages such as yours are the very
heart of the web. Millions of fascinating sites built by people who've
actually got off their arse and done something, and have had the
presence of mind to share their knowledge.

As someone who has similar pages on my own website I know only too
well how long it takes to put such an article together - not to
mention the legwork involved in doing the actual work described
beforehand.

May I make a small suggestion?
You mentioned the use of Cyanoacrylate adhesive - and whenever I've
used it in conjunction with plastics it's given off some very nasty
fumes ( a quite exquisite pain if they get in your eye ).
I'm none too sure whether the glue you mentioned does the same with
the plastics specified, but if so you might find it helpful to warn
the punters of the risk ( i.e. wear goggles or do it outside ).

Oh, and you need an 'r' he "Stick you guttering piece over the
outlet "

Happy hit counting!

www.shwoodwind.co.uk