Old 20-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Jim Elbrecht

Default OT e-mail messages since yesterday

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:51:17 +0100, "The Q"
wrote:

Luckily I only received 21 "microsoft messages" oddly some were on my
Private email address I never use in the groups

Interesting. [the private email address] Have you searched google
groups by address to see if you ever forgot & used it or mentioned it
on usenet? That is supposedly the idea of the SWEN virus [NEWS
backwards]-- it target Usenet-used addresses.

Of course you might have a few of the 6-8 month old Gibe worm which
uses outlook's address book.

If they are SWEN, give
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search a try-- put your
address in the 'author is' field, and separately try it in the 'all
the words' field.

I've never munged my address & have had this same address for 5 years
or so, so I've been getting them at 50-100 an hour since yesterday.
[only 400 overnight, so it might be slowing down]

It's a shame that such clever people feel the need to waste their time
vandalizing strangers.

Jim