Old 20-09-2003, 12:24 PM
JennyC

Default Google toolbar

"Sad Sid" .
"Aphodius"
For a while now I and my friends have had the Google toolbar

installed on
our computers. If there is still someone out there who doesn't

have it
installed and working for them, click on http://toolbar.google.com

It
will
even stop those dreaded popups, and you can get rid of the IE

Address Bar
and use Google instead.

Doh!
Thought it was too good to be true.
Downloaded and installed - now IE6 shuts down every time I try to

search.
I guess I'll have to turf it out (gardening reference?)

Google says:
browser randomly crashes. What's up with that?

Do you have other third-party browser plug-ins installed on your
system? Some of these plug-ins don't play so well with the Google
Toolbar (SafariDog is one confirmed example). If you want to continue
using the Google Toolbar, we recommend you uninstall other browser
plug-in software and see if that corrects the problem. We appreciate
your patience while we work on a solution.

HTH Jenny :~))