Old 20-09-2003, 01:12 PM
TQPL

Default READ THIS ,spam mail off the newsgroup

Hi keith,

It is a real pain as it is such a waste of time
with virus risks too. There are a lot of us out
there bugged by this problem.
This does not directly answer your question re
this newsgroup but the following may help.

I have tried a number of approaches including
software such as 'I-hate-Spam'
with various degrees of success, but you still
waste time downloading them.

You could put up a filter system which you visit
prior to opening emails when you start getting
blitzed.
That seems to block out a lot as you can just view
the headers and decide then if you want to delete
or not. Then only those permitted will arrive at
your computer.
I use the program 'Email Remover' version 3. which
is a free trial version.
http://www.eremover.bizhosting.com

If that link does not work try searching Google
for Email Remover - lots of views on this software
there.
Good luck
Alan

"keith" wrote in
message
hi everyone I am sure I am not the only one

receiving Microsoft's security
updates(viruses as Microsoft don't email to tell

you of updates)I am getting
hundreds a day, among other Spam mail,returned

mail that I haven't sent!
I now this isn't about orchids,but this issue

needs looking at!is there
anyway I can get my email address not to be

shown after a posted
message,your email address should be private

unless you want to give it
out!I have had to create more email addresses,&

cancel my original.The only
way around this I can think of is to create a

new email address,private one
only give it out to trusted parties.keep the

original for newsgroups etc!
thanks keith