Old 20-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Pam Moore

Default acer palmatum in strawberry planter?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:03:37 +0100, "J C-W"

am also wondering if the roots could do with a trim, as they seem to be
protruding from the drainage hole - I understand the recommendation to
re-pot, but the nurseryman assured us that the tree would be quite happy in
its pot for a good five years or so. Anyway, I'll try a new location next
season and possibly look at re-potting.

Jason, my Bonsai trees get root-pruned and repotted every few years,
but I want to keep them small.
If you want yours to get fairly big I would repot and relocate, keep
well watered, feed a balanced feed next year and only consider root
pruning when it gets to the size you want.
Here speaks one who has lost many small potted acers over the uears
but my best Bonsai has been kept since 1978 and is still healthy!

Pam in Bristol