Old 20-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Pat Meadows

Default fire ash and weeds

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:51:15 +0100, Kae Verens
wrote:

Noydb wrote:

Kae, the weed seeds retain their viability for a very long time. I think you
are buying yourself some grief. I would recommend passing that soil through
a hot compost pile on its way to topping off your planting beds.

Bill

thanks. Is this right for root-propogating weeds as well? Grasses and
such, for example? What if I pull up the weeds before they reach
seed-bearing age?

I'd put them in the compost pile, not directly on the paths,
unless you don't have time/energy/strength to do so.

This year we've weeded the paths in our garden with a
string-trimmer and let the weeds fall where they may.

Pat