Old 20-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Sacha

Default Rose pruning yet??

in article , DaveDay34 at
wrote on 20/9/03 4:08 pm:
snip
I've just thought that another avenue that may be open to you would be
propagation of 'new' bushes from your 'old' rose bushes. Taking cuttings
should be an option, but success will depend on the type of roses you have.
Look in the RHS book on propagation or in any good book on propagation and you
should get some good advice. I'm not sure whether layering would work as
well/instead.

All the best.

Dave.

Some older roses (in terms of age, not variety) can be very hard to strike
cuttings from but it's always worth a try, certainly. We have a fabulously
scented Mde. Isaac Pereire and it's fiendishly difficult to get cuttings
from that to strike. But it's certainly worth a try.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)