Old 20-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Tom La Bron

Default OT - possibly avoiding this BS in the future

John,

MS products are not the problems, it is the Jerkwad-low-lifes who find it
easier to destroy that to create. Eudora, Agent and Mozilla, and, to some
extent Netscape, are used by so few that it isn't worth their "precious"
time to try and bother these platforms.

I think after these last couple of stints viruses that a lot of people are
ready to enact the death penalty for this kind of tampering. Well, the
death penalty might be a little extreme, but that should be put in a 6X6
cell with nothing but a mattress and a very high window in the cell as the
only outside stimulus for at least 15 years, and screw rehabilitation, no
matter what their age.

I have been pretty diligent about viruses and emails and such to the point I
have never had a need for antivirus software, but was hit this last Thursday
by a message that looked exactly like the messages that I usually get from
Microsoft about updates and warnings. For over 6 years I have never
succumbed to a virus until last Thursday. Hopefully, it is cleaned up. My
biggest problem was finding antivirus software that will work with
Windows95.

Golly what a mess. Sorry to all, if my problem was part of the whole
problem.

Tom L.L.
"John Hines" wrote in message
"Gale Pearce" wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I have to go to disguise my email addy in this
newsgroup from the spam bots in the future in case this is where they got
it? I use OE & IE

Alas, the Microsoft products are the problem. I use Eudora and Agent
and Mozilla, so no problems other than my trash filling up.