Old 21-09-2003, 12:03 AM
ponder

Default Oranda behavior

"she' should maybe have a salt dip.
Check out www.ponddoc.com
*muffin* wrote in message
I brought my redcapped oranda inside for the winter..(this was the one I
thought was missing)

'her' behavior puzzles me. 'she' sits on the bottom of the aquarium most

of
the time. 'she' will swim around every-now-&-then, & 'shedoes eat. but

'she'
is usually 'sitting'. 'she' is about 6" long.
does that species do this?
'she' was sitting in a lily basket a lot the past week.

we have other orandas I am going to bring inside, but I don't seem to see
them doing the same thing in the pond , that 'she' does.

ohhh btw.. we caught the Pl*co last night,, it was just sitting on the
shallow part of pond & was easy to net... ( I think the orandas will be
pretty easy , also , as they swim pretty slowwww) we were planning on
putting netting on the bottom area of where they come to feed, & then
'snatch' up the net when they were corralled,,,,,,,, but now there is no
need .