Old 21-09-2003, 01:42 AM
*muffin*

Default Oranda behavior

she has company..
2 Pl*co's*
2 angel fish
one comet GF
& I just added my bubble eye , which I HAD to take out since the oranda
tormented it!! ( no problem IN the pond when they were together)
I *DID* read on the goldfish forum,, that 'some' Orandas do something weird,
which they call 'perching'.. like birds in plants... so I guess she is
normal,,

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:13:36 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

I brought my redcapped oranda inside for the winter..(this was the one I
thought was missing)

'her' behavior puzzles me. 'she' sits on the bottom of the aquarium most

of
the time. 'she' will swim around every-now-&-then, & 'shedoes eat. but

'she'
is usually 'sitting'. 'she' is about 6" long.
does that species do this?

What was the pH & temp difference between the tank & pond? If none and
after you add a companion fish she doesn't perk up, my guess is she "may"
have something wrong.

Personally I'd rather they sat on the bottom then float belly up like
orandas have a tendency to do. My 2 moors, while inside would sit side by
side in the tank every evening. Since I've had the male by himself in

there
all summer, I've yet to see him do that. This fall I'm putting a male with
him and the 3 females another tank. I bet all 3 females will rest on the
bottom down and then. ~ jan