Old 21-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Scopata Fuori

Default Bride's Dream must go

"Tom Sherwood" wrote in message
my bride's dream grows quite well and produces lots of blooms....but the
blooms rarely open. it is probably botrytis, and my regular spray program
doesn't keep it in check.

BD has got to be the single most prolific, classic HT in my garden, bar
none. But I am on the East Coast, although we have had endless rain here,
all year, punctuated by just enough sunlight for them to grow.

It is worth trying a different fungicide, to see if it makes a difference.
Botrytis has been my number one enemy this year too; Messenger is highly
effective against blackspot, but has little effect upon botrytis, at least
in my experience.

BD is such a good rose, that it's worth a try, with different sprays. If you
are successful, please post what you used, and the results, because I have
been absolutely bedeviled with botrytis, too. Bride's Dream, however, has
been relatively resistant here to the worst of the botrytis attacks, nowhere
near as bad as some of them. But, that's just my observation, in this
locale. It's just too good of a rose to let go without a fight.

Scopata Fuori