Old 21-09-2003, 03:13 AM
Aaron

Default Flora of the Dead Sea.

Years ago I drove across the Great Salt Lake Dessert flats on I 80, I
was surprised to noticeda very thin line of wispy very green grass
about 15-20 inches tall that grew along the right hand shoulder of the
road where the plants could receive water vapor and carbon dioxide
directly from the exhausts of the passing cars. Talk about hot, dry,
sandy, salty, places.

On 18 Sep 2003 13:10:58 GMT, (Iris Cohen) wrote:

Is it a barren salt pool or does it enjoy a unique flora which is salt -
resistant?

There are no plants in or right next to the Dead Sea. Israel does have some
salt resistant plants, but they grow elsewhere, either near brackish
underground water or on the Mediterranean coast. Find out why Abraham planted a
tamarisk in Beersheba. Read Tree and Shrub in our Biblical Heritage, by Nogah
Hareuveni.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."