Old 21-09-2003, 04:42 AM
*muffin*

Default netting your pond

ok, so how do the netting contraptions STAY in place under 2 feet of snow??

I showed my hubby the one on the page with the white pvc frame, & he said ,,
" yea right, florida maybe........"

Muffin first winter for THIS pond, & we can get some dang HIGH drifts!
btw,, I must have been **REALLY** lucky???!!! our 1st pond years ago,,
we never had a 'gas escape' hole,, it froze over solid,, maybe lost a couple
goldfish a winter........but then I didn't have 'big' koi, either.

"K30a" wrote in message
Muffin wrote
ok, remind me, what part of US are you??
do you get snow???

Jan and I are in SE WA, zone 7.
No snow last year except a few flakes on
Christmas Eve and you had to be quick to
catch them.
Our winters vary. One year we had so much
snow in a day my DH was turned back from going out
to work. Last year nada.
We usually have a cold snap sometime. Last
year it was October, others over Christmas
or New Years.
We only get 7 inches of rain a year. We're an
arid steppe or something like that. Sagebrush, tumbleweeds and sand.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html