Old 21-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Sue

Default Help Identifying Flower Shrub

one of the Ribes sp perhaps ( Currant) ??

I have Ribes odoratum ( clove scented black currant) and it is my harbinger
of spring.

Sue

"Michael Baribeau" wrote in message
om...
.
My appologies for just barging in as a first time visitor with a
question but I am stuck. I have spent hours online trying to identify
this lovely bush, its flowers with the most beautiful fragrance, but
with little success. It grows here in Michigan USA woodland
clearings, I have seen it up around 8 feet high, green leaves that are
silver underneath ovate toothless wavy edges alternating pinnate
reddish leafstalks and branches, small whitish tubular flower clusters
along the branch in Spring pointing down with a strong pleasing
fragrance, and reddish berries in fall. I have a few photos at the
link below, click on the photos to enlarge...

http://snurl.com/Flower_Shrub

Michael Baribeau