Old 21-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Jane VR

Default mandevilla / chillean jasmine

M&M wrote:
Hi I have a lovelly mandevilla growing over an arch in the garden; I can't
remember what happened to it this time last year, but it has suddenly lost
all of its leaves and looks as though it is about to flake it. I know that
it is meant to be a perrenial, but surprised by the timing of defoliation.
Can anyone please advise me if this seems to be the normal habit or not....

Thanks.

No, it's not. They shouldn't lose their leaves at all. I have no idea
why it has, but the usual suspects are things like cold spell, lack of
water, root problems.

HTH

Jane