Old 21-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Lyndon Thomas

Default another leylandii question

As i have stated in previous threads there is nothing wrong with a leylandii
hedge as long as it is properly maintained.
This rarely hapens, as they are planted to grow a quick barrier, this
happens in just a few years and then reality strikes home when this
wonderful barrier has to be trimmed, the sides nearly always get cut because
it encroches on the garden, the top is seldom cut as this is hard work.The
result a hedge ??? 30,40, or 50ft. tall that becomes a very big problem to
all living close to it. AND I SPEAK FROM EXPERIANCE.

"DLee" wrote in message
Hi All

We have planted young leylandiis this summer along the fence about 20 of
them. But the gap between these young trees are about 2 to 3 feet, and
sometimes it looks a bit hollow or empty. Would it be possible to plant
anything in these gaps? Wouldit be good idea, or would it be waste of

time?

cheers

Dan