Old 21-09-2003, 12:32 PM
IAN GARDNER

Default Starting a small pond.

"Pip" wrote in message
Thanks to all replies - it has certainly given us some good starters to

go
from.
Okay - Next question.... when would be the best me to start it (fill it)?.
Is there any particular time of year that would be best to start a pond.
Nige seemed to have got good results starting in March.

I would agree with him but if the weather is warm then you could try
febuary. It would give the pond another 4 weeks to mature and to make those
final adjustments like adding a bigger pond to it!

I have a friend (on groovey 's advice) who has a pond who will give me a
bucket full of water plus whatever is in it, and I just wondered when

would
be best for the pond life to do this ?

March to April! There`s not much doing in the water when it`s cold.

(Ian - I love your mouse trailer thingy !)

Thanks. You can add it to your website if you have one. Just view my
homepage in html and cut and paste it to your own page.
If you do have a website then if you email me asking for it then I will
send it to you in a zip file. I think it`s only about 2K in size!

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT