Old 21-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Cleaning Bird Mess Off Concrete - How ?

"Chris Stewart" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Okay,

I've got a concrete drive which gets marked badly at this time of year

by
starlings who are eating berries and/or blackcurrants and leaving

purple
marks everywhere.

I have tried scrubbing the concrete which brings up the original

colour
of
the concrete but the bird mess mark remains.

Any advice on what household cleaner or chemical would help remove

these
stains ?

Thanks.

The best way out of such a situation is to be truly thankful to the

birds.
The remnants of the bird dung will make a nice fertilised patch on the
concrete for a lichen to colonise.

Franz

Hmm sort of organic art, really
-

Precisely.
I have managed to start quite a few lichen spots just where I wanted them
this way on my garden walls. It is a very slow business.

Franz