Old 28-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default 30 Roses To Start A Garden With

Bob Bauer wrote:

I get asked the question every once in a while "If you were to start
over again, which roses would you put into your first new rose
garden?"

'Double Delight'- It is not the second best selling rose in the world
for nothing.

Against my better judgement and all plans to the contrary, this is the
rose I just opted for to replace the chrysanthemums in my front center
bed. I just couldn't resist the absolutely gorgeous picture and
description of its scent and colouration changes. This despite reading
that it is blackspot and mildrew prone...

Oh well, one more plant to baby shouldn't amke much of a difference.
Especially if I am rewarded with awesome blossoms and incredible scent!

Susan - still trying to figure out where she can add more roses to her
small yard without giving in and simply tilling up the grass... *laugh*
s h simko at duke dot edu