Old 21-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Mogie

Default stawberries didn't produce

Can't plant them in the ground we have a horrible problem with moles and
also have free range chickens. Tried them in the ground before and between
the two they didn't last long.

Didn't expect a bumper crop just more then half a dozen.

Cereoid-UR12- wrote in message
m...
Maybe they would prefer to direct instead?

You expect a bumper crop of strawberries in a window box?
Have you gone mad?
Plant them in the ground instead if you expect a sizable crop of the

fleshy
receptacles.

Mogie wrote in message
Planted some strawberry starts in a window box. The plants took off

great
we
had a few strawberries initally but then they just stopped. That was

about
two months ago in late July. I kept them water well everyday and they

have
good soil they are planted in. Could they just be establishing

themselves
and we get the fruit next year?