Old 21-09-2003, 05:02 PM
John Hines

Default OT - possibly avoiding this BS in the future

"Tom La Bron" wrote:

MS products are not the problems, it is the Jerkwad-low-lifes who find it
easier to destroy that to create. Eudora, Agent and Mozilla, and, to some
extent Netscape, are used by so few that it isn't worth their "precious"
time to try and bother these platforms.

I prefer to use independent programs, rather than an all-in-one program,
this certainly minimizes the risk overall.

I think after these last couple of stints viruses that a lot of people are
ready to enact the death penalty for this kind of tampering. Well, the
death penalty might be a little extreme, but that should be put in a 6X6
cell with nothing but a mattress and a very high window in the cell as the
only outside stimulus for at least 15 years, and screw rehabilitation, no
matter what their age.

Again, why not hold MS to blame? They are the ones claiming to be
trustworthy. With any other product, they would be liable.