Old 21-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Lyndon Thomas

Default another leylandii question

Sorry David you are talking rubbish, I have just had to help my
father-in-law cut down and remove 60-70ft leylandii that his neighbour
planted and would not do anything with them. You live next to these ludicrus
things with a garden that can-not grow owing to lack of light and nutrients
and perhaps just perhaps you will understand.
Lyndon.

David @chapelllllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message
In article 3f6d7958.0@entanet, Lyndon Thomas lindenthomas@glowbroadba
nd.net writes
As i have stated in previous threads there is nothing wrong with a

leylandii
hedge as long as it is properly maintained.
This rarely hapens, as they are planted to grow a quick barrier, this
happens in just a few years and then reality strikes home when this
wonderful barrier has to be trimmed, the sides nearly always get cut

because
it encroches on the garden, the top is seldom cut as this is hard

work.The
result a hedge ??? 30,40, or 50ft. tall that becomes a very big problem

all living close to it. AND I SPEAK FROM EXPERIANCE.

You're talking rubbish, its rare that Leylandii grow out of control,
most are controlled one way or another, its the few that give the whole
a bad name and I also speak from experience.
--
David