Old 21-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Pam Moore

Default Clematis viticella Polish Spirit

A month or so ago I asked about a blue, small- flowered clematis in
flower in July / August which I saw in a garden. I had to have one.
Charlie said it must be a viticella and after various searches I knew
he was right.
I've since looked in every Garden Centre I've visited and at last
found one with its last couple of flowers which looked similar. It is
labelled clematis viticella Polish Spirit.
Searches in my 3 books and on the net have brought up varying pictures
from small flowered to larger, from blue to purple, 4 petals and 5.
Does anyone grow Polish spirit and can tell me if theirs is small and
blue and 4-petalled?
Charlie, do you reckon it is rightly labelled?
I just hope this one survives the winter!

Pam in Bristol