Old 21-09-2003, 09:05 PM
joe

Default OT - possibly avoiding this BS in the future

dkat wrote:

Nonsense. You can't legislate against this.

Well of course you can.

What ever happened to personal
responsibility. It is not at all difficult to know enough to keep yourself
from becoming infected.

I'm trying to see why the responsibility of keeping a hacker out of my
computer rests with me. Why do I have to spend my hard earned money to buy
firewalls and anti-virus software?

What it sounds like you are saying is that if someone goes down your street
painting graffiti all over your house YOU should have built a higher fence.

The fact of the matter is that this kind of crap costs everyone an ever
increasing amount of money.

Joe