Old 21-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Mark

Default time to plant?

I too purchased fruit trees at close out last year.
Plant them now so the root system develops over the winter.

Don't forget about "winter watering": if it gets above 40 degrees F, go
ahead and givem them water to help further develop the root system. Just
because it's winter the root system doesn't stop developing.

Also, I highly recommend you help the trees by buying and using "fruit tree
stakes".
Made a huge difference this year, my trees grew like mad.

Fruit Tree Stakes 10-13-13
Available from:
Domestic Fertilizer, Inc
1750 17th Street
Paris, KY 40361

good info also available at:
http://www.wa.gov/agr/

"Mogie" wrote in message
Just bought some fruit trees (all about 5 feet high) on close out. When is
the best time to plant them? They are all in 5 gallon buckets now. Any
tricks when they are planted to help them take hold well? Is it true that
dog hair and oatmeal added to the bottom of the hole before you plant a

tree
is very good for them?