Old 22-09-2003, 12:55 AM
dkat

Default OT - possibly avoiding this BS in the future

Fine... let me rephrase.... You can write laws against or for anything. It
won't do a bloody thing to stop it. Kids will be kids period. The part of
their brain that is able to understand the consequences of their actions
just isn't there yet especially in the testosterone driven male (us females
I would like to claim are more advanced but the testosterone just makes the
male more aggressive about being stupid). The part of the brain that makes
us hesitate and think does not develop until about the mid twenties. It is
the nature of the beast I assume so that humans are able to do all the
reckless things that must be done when we are young (challenging the bigger
male who is going to beat the #$^% out of you on the wild and crazy chance
that you may get lucky and get his territory for example). People must take
responsibility for themselves and learn how to maintain their machines and
to do preventative actions. I'm a flaming liberal but I'm also for having
as few laws and regulations as possible.
"KenCo" wrote in message
its already been done but its aimed at
banks/ecomm. etc that get hit, then the sentances
are stiff. it needs to be 0 tolerance for anyone hit.

dkat wrote:

Nonsense. You can't legislate against this.

What ever happened to personal
responsibility. It is not at all difficult to know enough to keep

yourself
from becoming infected. DKat

bullcrap, the virus last month hit 150,000+
computers the 1st hr., no antivirus software
worked because of how it was written. they
updated AV files in 4-5 hrs. but by then
2,000,000+ were infected. even computers w/
firewalls and antivirus running at the same
time got hit.

this is the virus info source, blaster info
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-14

its also rumored that the major power outage
is a result of the same virus, I think the power
companies know a tad more than any of us.
they will never publicly admit what caused it ......

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-05565

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced