Old 22-09-2003, 02:09 AM
Susan Erickson

Default READ THIS ,spam mail off the newsgroup

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:13:36 -0400, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

But I would suggest that all of us, if sending private emails to others who
post here, use very specific subject lines, to help each other avoid
deleting good mail along with the piles of spam ...

Death to spammers and hackers!

Great ideas Kenni.
I just heard from someone whose email I was waiting for that this
"little bug" has been causing my address to have a denial of
service issue. He could not get anything into my box. It kept
overflowing even thou I emptied it several times a day.

The other problem is those who just set filters to "bounce". The
bounce doubles and sometimes tipples the volume of Garbage out
there. Much of what I got was "bounce" with a mangled version of
my address as the return. I had sent none of this. My system
has not caught the virus. So this thing is mangling harvested
addresses and using them as the from address (just what the
auto-bounce uses.) We can complain to ISPs and others without
bouncing the stuff to someone else. Lets all just delete what we
get and GRIPE at the ISPs. I am sure there are some filters that
could be set in the first hour to extract the thing.
SuE